It’s Monday. Dun dun dunnnn. If you ask me, Monday gets a bad rep. I mean, it’s not Monday’s fault it’s the day we all go back to work after a weekend of freedom. I believe there is one great thing about Monday’s. It’s a great day to start something new. I prefer to think of Monday as a day to start fresh as opposed to a repeat of the week before. I’m using today to start something new and I encourage you to start fresh in some way this week too. Keep reading to see how I’m starting fresh and find something you can pick up this week.
1. Start a seven day cleanse. You know what has gotten me in the mood to do this? Dress shopping. Turns out the time has come and I will be searching for the dress this Saturday. I honestly didn’t think I would be going this soon but my sister happens to have this Saturday off so my mom and I are going to take advantage of it since it’s not often this happens. This past week I slacked off on my diet and exercise, my excuse was it was my birthday. Now it’s time to get back on track.
I’m not doing a crazy cleanse, like, I’m going to eat real food. I’m down to cleanse my body, but I am not down to drink nothing but liquids and hate my life. So I’m doing the cleanse created by/for Undressed Skeleton. This cleanse to me is more about getting on track with eating right and ridding your body of nasty fake food. Today is the day so we’ll see how it goes
2. Start a new exercise routine. Everybody knows exercise is good for you, but actually finding exercising enjoyable isn’t easy. Starting today try a new type of exercise. Maybe try a yoga video today and then tomorrow try Zumba. Try something new each day this week and see what you really enjoy.
3. Try a new hobby. Want to try making jewelry? Pick up a little jewelry making kit from your local craft store and spend this week giving it a try. Their small starter kits will make it less overwhelming. Maybe try writing. There are all sorts of writing prompts to be found online.
4. Start a new book. Even if you don’t have a library card to get a book, there are plenty to be found online. You can easily just download one onto your laptop. Try carving out 30 minutes a day this week to read. I doubt you’ll regret it.
5. Commit to going to bed at a reasonable time. I know, better said than done. But you’re not going to get anywhere if you don’t try. Thirty minutes to an hour before your newly designated bedtime start getting ready to sleep. Shower, brush your teeth, put on your pajamas. Whatever it is you do before you go to bed. Instead of turning off the tv and other electronics right when you go to sleep, do it at least thirty minutes before. All those electronics keep your brain alert and make it difficult to fall asleep.
It doesn’t have to be a big change, but using Monday as an opportunity instead of a punishment is a great way to start your week. A positive outlook will take you much further than any kind of negativity will.
What are you going to start this week?