Happy Friday! I’m super excited to be linking up again with Chasing Happy for her weekly Pieces of Happy. I must be honest with you all, this has been a very rough week. On Monday my mom contacted me to tell me our family pet, a sweet chocolate lab named Amos, had to be put down. We had him since I was 14 and he was a great family dog.
The next day our neighbor below decided to make a big deal about Gatsby making noise running around the apartment. Here’s the thing with Gatsby, he’s about as lazy as they come. He has maybe two to three 20 minute bursts of play time a day during daylight hours. He also doesn’t bark or whine. Apparently this is an issue with her. The real issue is I didn’t introduce her to my parents when they visited two weeks ago. That was about the time she decided to bang a broomstick against her ceiling anytime we were “too loud”.
If this sounds a tad bit ridiculous, it’s because it is. After talking with the office and other residents I learned she constantly complains. I shouldn’t let this get to me, but after learning she complained so much another resident had to get rid of her dog, it has me stressing. The office assured me we aren’t doing anything wrong, but I’m stressing. I cannot wait to have a house with a yard and no neighbors.
With all that going on, there are still plenty of things to be happy about. I mean, I feel like that is the purpose of Pieces of Happy, finding the happy moments even with negativity present. So, with that in mind, here are my Pieces of Happy for the week.
Pieces of Happy
1. We had a FANTASTIC 4th of July. I’ve already shared the pictures from our trip, but they don’t do the trip justice. It was so great to spend time with my family and just relax. Gatsby stayed in Greenville with Carl so I didn’t have to get up early to take him out and anything. I missed them both but it was good to get away. Wisconsin was equally as awesome much busier. We crammed so much into our three days there.
2. Carl was able to get next weekend off of work. My sister, brother-in-law, and I are going home to Beaufort again for Water Festival. Carl was hoping to come but wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to get the weekend off. Thankfully he was able too!
3. I’ve begun running…kinda of. Once we moved to Greenville and no longer had a yard to let Gatsby play in I began taking him on long walks. We were walking about 2 miles a day. I’ve started running parts of our walk with him. He’s been loving it. Some times he gets so excited that I’m running with him that he has to stop and touch me, but other than that he does great. I’m surprised to say I love it too. I’m not a runner. But I’m trying.
4. Gatsby has been SUPER excited to have us back home. He has been all about cuddling. More than usual. He’s actually laying on my stomach right now chewing on his toy. He just has so much love for us, it makes me smile. In this picture he is not only taking up the whole bed, but also has his whole body squished against mine.
5. Carl and I have been having wonderful marathons of The Office. Don’t judge me, but we’ve only just now started watching the show. Thank you Netflix. The thing is, neither of us were big tv watchers when it came out, and it just wasn’t a show you could pick up right in the middle of it. At least that’s how I felt about it.
There are my Pieces of Happy! They might be simple but happiness isn’t very complicated.
What’s something simple that brought you happiness this past week?