So, we lost power last Thursday. Not like the lights flickered for a bit, like, everything out for hours. It was not fun. We didn’t play charades by candlelight or put flashlights under our faces and tell ghost stories. I spent 6 hours helpless and alone (Carl’s grandma was around, but I was mostly alone). Let me tell you, you learn things when you don’t have power. None of them have to do with how to turn the power back on.
One should DEFINITELY shower before the sun goes down.
You can’t accomplish any sort of blogging without a real computer and internet. No post went live during The Great Blackout of 2014. No post was even drafted.
A cellphone is the only connection to reality and entertainment, but battery life is limited. Should I participate in a Twitter chat or conserve battery life? Hint: Totally did the Twitter chat. It was my first one ever and I now know your phone is not the best tool for such things.
Watching the sun set is like watching your house slowly transform from a home to a set of a horror film.
I didn’t miss tv much at all.
The flashlight on my phone gives a room a nice “I’m about to be murdered” glow.
It gave me time to accomplish a goal for the week!
On that note, here’s my goals for this week and and update on last week’s.
Last week’s goals.
1. Write a new resource post. Done! Thank you Blackout 2014. I wrote the ultimate guide to Pinterest for my Facebook group members. I also started a draft for an e-course. (Because blogging tips and helping other bloggers is my jam.)
2. Finish my editorial calendar. Eh, no. I did start it though.
3. Do an ab workout every morning. Psh. I mean, do I really need to admit I didn’t do it, because I totally didn’t. On top of not doing ab exercises, I ate burgers and and hot dogs and lots and lots of fast/restaurant food. I don’t even feel bad. YOLO BITCHES. Just kidding, feel free to hate on me in the comment section for the yolo. And the burgers. (But I wont feel bad for the food, I do apologize for the YOLO.)
4. Stay safe this weekend. I made it out alive! I survived a weekend of bachelorette partying and showing our Swedish friends how to live it up American style.
This week’s wishes.
1. Be more intentional with my time. I’ve done good at keeping my computer and phone away when I get to spend time with Carl, but when I am working on my laptop, I’m totally inefficient. I need more to do lists and Pomodoro timers in my life.
2. Get back on track with eating right. I really don’t feel bad about not eating healthy last week, but I’m not gonna make a habit of it.
3. Take a photo every day. One of my goals for the year is to take more pictures. Definitely not succeeding with it. If I can’t manage to take one photo a day, I need to spice up my life.
4. Not lie to myself about doing an ab workout every morning. You know how you put things on your to do list just so you can mark it off? Well there you go.
What’s your goals for the week? (Or what do you do when you lose power, I’m honestly much more interested in that.)