Happy almost Friday!! Life has been so exciting lately. Well, the past 24 hours at least. I went from destroying my body to being the happiest person ever! I’ve been seeing these “6 things you don’t know about me” post floating around and really wanted to do one. You’re supposed to be “tagged” to do the post but Patricia of Kisses & Croissants is awesome enough to tag EVERYONE! Wooo!! So, here it goes. If you’re anxious to get to the good stuff feel free to just scroll all the way down.
6 Things you probably don’t know about me
1. Where is “Home” for you? Home to isn’t where the heart is, home is where you’re parents are. My wonderful parents are living in good ‘ole Beaufort, SC, a sweet little town down in the lowcountry. It’s pretty much between Charleston, Savannah, and pretty close to Hilton Head. It’s one of those places you though was so boring growing up and then realized just how beautiful is was once you’re moved away.
2. When you struggle in life, what keeps you going? What I want for my future is what keeps me going when the going get’s tough. I’m one of those people who doesn’t just dream, but has every intention of making it happen. Keeping the bigger picture in mind really helps to look past those little things that try and weigh you down.
3. One goal you would like to achieve before 2014? I would like to get back into shape by 2014. I haven’t let myself go THAT much so it’s really just a matter of getting back in the groove of being healthy.
4. Who has been your role model? In regards to my personal life my parents have always been a role model. They worked really hard to get to where they are now and they provided my siblings and I with everything we could ever ask for, without making us spoiled little brats.
I terms of celebrity role model, I would 100% say Beyonce. I wish I could be her. I believe she’s a great role model because of her success as a single woman, as a married woman, and as a mom. She shows that there can be balance and success between everything you love. She’s also beautiful and a damn good dancer.
5. What hobby would you love to pick up? I really wish I crafted and cooked more. Like, I’m capable of both things, I enjoy both things, they just don’t happen as often as I want.
6. Tell us something we may not know about you? I just got engaged!!!! Yesterday was Carl and I’s anniversary and he popped the question. He had my whole apartment covered with candles and rose petals and we ate dinner with music by candlelight. Then, our song came on and he began his little speech and got down on one knee. It was perfect and I cried like a baby. 🙂