Merry Christmas! I haven’t posted all week so I feel like I’d be a bad blogger if I didn’t officially wish everyone a happy holiday. This Christmas was so good to me and I’m thankful for the time I was given to spend with my family. I don’t want to bore you with all the gifts I gave and received, but I do want to share one gift I made.
Carl and I had a budget for gifts again this year so I decided to make something I knew would be a huge benefit to us both. We love doing date nights but we always fall into a rut of the same old thing. It’s always the same restaurant or the same Red Box DVD. To get us out of our rut I made us a book of dates.
Say what?! The whole craft was super easy to put together and Carl loved it. Now all we have to do is determine our budget and pick a date from that section. We’ll write a note on each date when we have used it so we wont repeat it too often. Here’s how to make your own!
- A binder
- Notebook paper
- Notebook dividers
- A little bit of creativity and research
- Divide your dates into categories. I divided mine by price, but you could also divide them up by type, i.e. romantic, at home, outdoors.
- On a single sheet I listed the date’s title, location, price, what to do, and any necessary notes. I made sure to be specific on everything needed for a date so it would require minimal effort to prepare. All dates were given a specific location and the costs were researched.
- The more specific you are the more likely you are to actually use that date. Be sure to estimate costs as close as possible and note if it requires prior planning. Also, be specific to locations particularly when it comes to eating out. You don’t want to end up eating out at the same restaurant every time, so create a date sheet for all the restaurants you’d like to try.
- 50 Fun and cheap date night ideas from Six Sisters’ Stuff
- The Date Night Ideas Pinterest board from The Happy Wive’s Club
- 101 Date Ideas from Friday We’re in Love
- I made a Love board on Pinterest to help me gather ideas
- Google things to do in your area including top restaurants to visit
I hope this gave you a lot of great ideas to make date nights ( or even family nights) that much easier! Let me know if you make your own version of this and be sure to share any date night ideas in the comments section, I love hearing from you all!